Numarks monster of a flagship mixer gets an overhaul with all sorts of interesting things going on. It keeps it’s lovely motorized platers and solid tank like construction but adds a whole raft of extra control features to take advantage of the updates to Serato that have occured over the last few months.
4-Channel DJ Performance Controller
- 7” motorized turntables with 3600 ticks of resolution
- 4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in
- 16 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC pads from Akai Professional
- Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, gain, EQ, and effects knobs
- High- and low-torque turntable settings, 33rpm or 45rpm
- Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls
- Strip Search™ virtual needle-drop technology
- Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader
- Dedicated iZotope® effects controls
- Rugged all-metal construction
- Integrated laptop stand
- Serato DJ software included
So some sizable additions to the spec on the MKII with the addition of the search strip and pads now make it suitable for the Itch features that have migrated into the main Serato software client. The other addition of capacitive touch sensitive filter/gain/EQ and effect knobs should give an interesting amount of additional control and we look forward to seeing how these work when used in anger!
Numark Hardware @ Scan
Serato has announced that its Serato Intro and Itch packages will be replaced by a more unified and interoperable pair of software clients going under the Serato Dj banner with a product launch on November the first.
A few features stick out for us here at Scan with the main improved funcationality possibly coming from the ability to map midi to other third party controllers opening up all sorts of new ways of controlling your music. This is perticularly a boon for users on older controllers who don’t currently have dedicated buttons and knobs assignable to the newer features like the SP6 sampler added last year as you’ll now be able to pick up a generic pad like the nano pad series from Korg and map them yourself.
Also to note is an upgrade to the effects section care of Izotope, improved support for Serato video as well as improved support for multideck controllers.
Serato Dj Feature List
Even Better Experience
Serato DJ has a brand new look and a greatly improved software layout, optimized for simplicity and a great experience. The new interface also offers two and four deck view modes for four deck controllers, alongside improvements to the cue point and looping controls, which now allow you to display either 8 cues, 8 loops or a combination of both depending on how you perform.
Get Inventive with new FX
Load and customize your choice of high quality FX powered by iZotope including: Delay, Echo, Ping Pong Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Flanger, Distortion, HPF, LPF and a Combo HPF/LPF. Adjust and customize a range of parameters for each effect to shape your sound.
Hands on Control
MIDI mapping opens the software up to be mapped to a secondary MIDI controller to take full advantage of all Serato DJs features in your performance and create your own unique workflow.
Save your work
Played a great set? Want to share your latest bangers with the world? Save your nights work or record your latest mixtape. In-software recording gives you the ability to save your mix with the click of a button.
Loop it up
Take advantage of both auto-looping, which sets loops automatically based on the BPM of the track, and manual looping to create your own custom loops.
Mix with up to 4 decks for supported controllers.
Keep it all together
Lock your tracks together for seamless grooves. Smart Sync with Beatgrids gives you even more time to get creative. 4 deck mixing has never been better with the ability to create your own special blends of tracks, instrumentals and vocals without the pressure of keeping everything in time too. Less time making it work, more time at the party!
Mix music videos or add visuals to your sets. Serato Video support in Serato DJ gives you even more to enrich your performance, connect with the crowd and visualize the music.
Less time making it work, more time at the party.
Plays well with others
Interoperable with Scratch Live, ITCH, DJ Intro and iTunes Music Libraries.
Stay in Tune
Access a wealth of free and exclusive promo music at your fingertips on Whitelabel.net.
Support for existing controllers is being rolled out over the next 12 months and if you’d like to find out when your weapon of choice is due to get some Serato Dj love head over to Serato.com
Serato at Scan
One of the killer features for Serato has always been it’s Video-SL plug-in for vinyl emulation Software Scratch Live, which allows you to control video clips via the time coded vinal. This March Serato Video will offer support for both Serato Scratch Live and Serato ITCH, giving DJs who own devices that support these clients like the Novation Twitch and the Numark NS6 more flexibility than ever.
The feature list for this version includes :
- Add video clips to your Serato Scratch Live or Serato ITCH performance.
- View loaded clips and output from your computer.
- Manipulate playback with Serato control records, CDs or with your ITCH controller of choice.
- Use built in transitions and effects including text and image effects.
- Enrich your set with audio responsive effects, including bass zoom and splits, that are controlled by analyzing the music signal.
- Preview and manage video files in both the ITCH and Scratch Live offline players.
- Use Video Instant Doubles to play the same video and effects on a second deck.
- Store effects within each video file for instant recall.
- Setup different output configurations (Output Only, L/R prefader or all 3 outputs) for greater flexibility when video mixing externally.
- Utilize 3rd party controllers with Serato Video’s MIDI control in Scratch Live.
If you already own Serato Video-SL then Serato Video will be a FREE upgrade for existing Video-SL customers.
Serato Video will be available to purchase in March 2012.