Now anyone who’s seen us at any shows around the country over the last few years will have seen Tom mixing it up using Wii controllers and showing off just how much fun you can have performing when your free to move about. In the light of so many people trying it out by hacking other hardware out there its kind of surprised us that no one has developed a more simple solution that works over WiFi… well it seems like Numark has taken up the mantle with the Orbit.
- 2.4 GHz ultra-low-latency wireless performance control
- 16 backlit pads, 4 selectable banks, 16 virtual knobs per bank
- Internal two-axis accelerometer with shoulder trigger controls
- Use handheld, strapped to belt or body, or hung around neck
- Illuminated aluminum-faced control wheel
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Whilst the design looks a little gamer like the big solid controls should make it very easy to use, even whilst having it on the dance floor yourself! The inclusion of the two axis accelerometer should give you some interesting options in regards to effect mapping and triggering and with a bit of tweaking we reckon this could be a really fun and pretty inspiring product.