It’s officially 2018 and I declare this the year of the Tri Chorus effect.
It’s time to dust off that twenty unit rack case, fill it full of slightly unstable 19 inch rack units that you’ve been collecting from that four letter auction site, replace your car with a van and prepare yourself for back pain, or………..
Just purchase one of best pedals to arrive in years.
The Neunaber Tri Chorus
Brian Neunaber has a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and has been designing audio products since 1994. He designed effects processors for St Louis Music who marketed products under the Crate and Ampeg brands. Brian was also the DSP Architect at QSC, quite the pedigree!
The quality of Neunaber reverb effects such as the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator below, are without a doubt, phenomenal!
Turning his design knowledge towards the chorus effect has produced what I consider to be the ultimate chorus pedal. I know the paraphrased tag line of, “If you do not like chorus pedals you will like this one” has been used before, but here I truly believe at last a chorus pedal has been created to live up to this statement.
Check out below the list of the eight available settings.
• Tri — the classic rack chorus effect
• Hex — two tri-choruses paralleled for an ultra-dense effect
• Cascade Tone — two tri-choruses in series create a rich, lush effect
• Cascade Vibe — tri-chorus and tri-vibrato in series makes for a complex sound
• Harmonic Vibe — Low-frequency tri-chorus and high-frequency tri-vibrato, a more subtle effect that works well with overdrive
• Harmonic Detune — low-frequency detune and high-frequency tri-chorus, even more subtle and sounds great with heavy distortion
• +Detune — tri-chorus+detune for that ultimate rack chorus tone
• +Echo — tri-chorus+echo is a classic combo
Not only does this unit provide a fantastic sounding tri chorus, it also gives you the option to add detune for the ultimate, and my own personal favourite, rack chorus tone of the 80’s and early 90’s.
The other six options available are incredibly well designed with each and every variation providing glorious tri-chorus whether your tone is clean, over-driven or heavily distorted.
The header photograph is Dann Huff of Giant, a perfect example of the Tri Chorus tone that I know and love. Whether you are a Dann Huff fan like myself, reveling in that stereo Tri-Chorus tone, or just a die hard fan of the classic studio tone of the 80’s and early 90’s, this pedal will make you smile every time you press that switch.
Don’t forget that Mike Landau fans will find chasing his classic tone somewhat easier with this pedal!
To sum up, the stereo chorus tones created by this pedal are, in my opinion, second to none. Whether you chase old school rack tones or simply want the best chorus pedal on the market, look no further!