Denon ahead of NAMM this year have announced the MCX8000 DJ controller.
Whilst it isn't the first time that we've seen all in one (laptop not required) controllers, and certainly Pioneer already has a few well established options here, the MC8000 comes in at a great price point and knowing Denon gear it should be a solid controller.
• Serato DVS Upgrade ready
• Metal construction
• Includes revolutionary Denon DJ Engine standalone technology with integrated Serato Cue point support
• 2 USB inputs for Engine playback in standalone mode
• Includes 4-deck Serato DJ software
• 2 high-definition displays show Engine and Serato DJ operation
• Professional 4-channel digital mixer with 2 microphone inputs and Dual XLR outputs
• 3 built-in instant pre/post fader effects for Engine playback and line inputs
• Velocity-sensitive performance pads for cues, rolls, slicer and samples
• Stage LinQ network connection to control lighting and video
Essentially a full mixer and MP3 playback system that only needs USBs drives to run, as well as a fully featured Serato controller.
Shipping Q2 this year with a RRP of £899, we'd expect it to street a bit below that, and for the features on offer, this is certainly an exciting solution that we look forward to getting hands on with when we can.