The MunroSonic Egg100 setup is the smaller version of acclaimed Egg150 monitor system, based around the same curved, infinite baffle design concept of its bigger brother, housed in a smaller shell with a four inch driver.
This new system has been designed for greatest accuracy in near-field conditions, taking into account the fact that it will be used on consoles or flat surfaces. The frequency response is continuously adjustable to allow for the bass loading that can add up to 6dB to the sound level. The bass port is angled and placed as low as possible to take advantage of this effect without phase error.
Near-field monitors should, by definition, remain unaffected by room size and acoustic conditions but this is rarely the case. Typically, small, rectangular cabinets and a horizontal focus plane create diffraction and reflections that interfere with both frequency and phase, both of which adversely affect stereo imaging and mix accuracy. The Egg100 has a variable tilt base that allows perfect adjustment of the upward angle of the listening axis, so avoiding interfering reflections from the mixing console or desk surface.
This has enabled Munro Sonic to make a supremely efficient speaker system – the phase coherent bass energy results in up to 6dB low frequency headroom – which means they pack a lot of punch for such small speakers.
Munro Sonic The Egg100 Key Features:
· Unique monocoque shell construction (rigid and resonant neutral)
· Near zero diffraction interference (smooth frequency response)
· No internal standing waves (greatly reduced smearing)
· Perfect bass port integration (superb transient response)
· Free standing control unit and integrated amplification with 3m matched speaker cables
· Volume Level control and LED headroom indicator
· Class-A headphone amplifier
· Custom-designed speaker holder for adjustable vertical alignment (allows for perfect sweet spot in both vertical and horizontal planes)
· Precision trim pots for bass (LF) and High Frequency (HF) calibration