Universal Audio make some of the worlds best Audio Interfaces, and their plug-ins are legendary (especially here at Scan towers where all the Pro Audio staff use them in their own studios)…. trouble is, that kind of High-end top dollar, professional unit is always out of reach to the humble bedroom studio or recording enthusiast right?
Here comes the Apollo Twin….
Purpose built for the smaller ‘project’ studio, The Apollo Twin, brings the legendary Universal Audio quality within reach of Mac users everywhere….
With its class-leading resolution and Realtime UAD Processing, Apollo Twin sets a new standard for desktop music production. This 2×6 Mac Thunderbolt interface allows you to record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.
- World-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing — track through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- New Unison™ technology for stunning models of classic mic preamps**
- Available with either UAD-2 SOLO or UAD-2 DUO DSP Processing onboard
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed on modern Macs
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- Digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality throughout
With the ability to use the Unison pre-amp modelling technology on the pre-amps, and the comprehensive monitoring facilities, this looks like a real ‘step-up’ for the smaller studio, allowing access to world beating plug-ins, and UA quality hardware.