The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is the latest interface to join the Scarlett family alongside the 2i2, 8i6 and 18i6.
Featuring two combined Microphone and Instrument preamps, it basically has a very similar front panel layout as the Focsurrite Scarlett 2i2, but the real difference is with the addtion of 4 Phono outputs on the rear panel for easy interfacing with unbalanced DJ mixers. The four outputs opens up a whole heap of options from separate headphone monitor mixes to two channel stereo output for DJ’ing.
As with all the Scarlett range, it includes Ableton Live lite and the Scarlett Plug-In suite.
It’s pretty obvious that this is an update of the Focusrite Saffire 6, which we’d very much welcome as the rest of the Focusrite Scarlett range takes advantage of advances in technology since the introduction of the Focusrite Saffire USB units.
The Focusrite Scarlett range is fairly lightweight, considering the all-aluminium shell, but is defiantly robust enough to cope with being thrown in a bag for impromptu recording sessions.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Key features include:
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Anodised Aluminium Unibody Chassis
- Ring LED signal indicators (green means healthy signal, red indicates clipping)
- High-quality 24-bit/96 kHz USB interface
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Mixer knob for latency-free direct monitoring, mixes between input signal and DAW playback signal
- USB bus-powered
- Two Neutrik combination inputs
- Rear panel balanced TRS outputs (1 & 2) and phono (1-4)
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone amplifier with separate level control
- Headphone monitor switch to hear either set of outputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable 10dB pad on all inputs
- Large monitor level control
- Includes Xcite+ Pack, Ableton Live Lite and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite
The 2i4 will be available in October with an RRP of 149.99
More information can be found on the Focusrite 2i4 product page here.