The MPX8 Sample launcher takes one of their controllers and adds the capabilites to load your own samples into the unit allowing you to use it for playback in a live situation. Using a standard SD card, users can load virtually any sample onto MPX8 and then assign it to any of the unit’s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. The MPX8 also comes with a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production. Its bright blue backlit display and intuitive interface make for easy operation in any amount of light.
The Akai MPX8 features a 1/8-inch headphone output, two balanced 1/4-inch outputs, and five-pin MIDI and USB MIDI inputs and outputs are onboard.
“With MPX8, we’re giving musicians a quick and convenient way to have one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops,” said Dan Gill, Akai
Professional Product Manager. MPX8 comes with a drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac® and PC for easy sample conversion. Users can also save sample sets together as kits for
easy recall and even tune and add reverb to samples.
SD Sample Pad Controller
- Add sound samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- Drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds, samples, and bumps
- Tune, add reverb, save sample sets for easy recall
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- 1/8” headphone output and balanced 1/4” outputs