Native Instruments this week has announced a major overhaul of it’s industry leading Traktor platform and hardware range.
What Native Instruments say:
Native Instruments TRAKTOR has been defining DJ standards for over a decade, and now we’re mixing things up again – twice. Both TRAKTOR PRO and the whole range of TRAKTOR products are set to raise the bar once more:
Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 with Remix Decks™ is set to arrive on May 30th 2012 – the same day TRAKTOR KONTROL F1, the ultimate DJ Remix controller, hits stores worldwide.
If you currently use TRAKTOR PRO 2 or DUO 2, you’ll automatically receive a free update*. Even if you have an older generation of TRAKTOR, you can still step up to the latest version at a very special price for a limited time.
The world-renowned, rock-solid DJ software just got even more creative. Featuring Remix Decks™, TruWave colored waveforms, powerful looping and cueing functionality and an exceptional effects suite, this is the most advanced version of TRAKTOR ever. Seamlessly merge the worlds of DJing and live performance, and elevate your mixes to new heights.
- Intuitive: Plug and play operation of hardware and software
- Creative: Powerful looping, cueing and Remix Decks™ with incredible effects
- Addictive: TRAKTOR adapts to your workflow for absolute ease of use
- Remix Decks are the latest TRAKTOR innovation, letting you select from up to 64 loops and one-shot samples per deck. Any of the four decks in TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 can be switched to be a Remix Deck
- Each Remix Deck offers four different Slots (columns), ideal for arranging sounds and loops by instrument groups e.g. different drum, bass, percussion loops. Play one sound per column – a total of four samples at any one time.
- Use loops from the included sound content or import any loops and sounds of your own
- Develop your own unique trademark sound and build a personal arsenal of sounds by live-capturing your favorite loops while DJing
- A Remix Set™ is the combination of 64 loops and one-shot samples and their respective beat grids and BPMs – stored and loaded just like a regular track in the browser
- Control the entire Remix Deck via Native Scratch timecode control with vinyl or CDs – or scratch using the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4/S2 jog wheels. Each Remix Deck has its own transport, sync, and tempo master controls
- To add more flavor, you can choose which slots are fed through TRAKTOR’s FX units, or even play samples in reverse
- The Punch mode allows for instant switching between different loops in one instrument group, in perfect phase – switch from one drum loop to the next exactly on the 2 and 4 snares
- Additionally, the Remix Deck quantize can be set to different values for full control of the musical phrasing
- Rewritten tempo detection for improved accuracy, developed from analysing thousands of tracks from various genres
- New “downbeat” auto-detection improves auto-beat-gridding and phase recognition
- Convenient analysis options when importing files to your collection – set the tempo range by BPM
- Much improved BPM detection on tracks with variable tempo, (such as “live” drummer genres) – now detects average BPM
- Rewritten Tempo-Tap – instant and simple realignment anytime your tracks drifts away from the grid over time
- Manually adjusted grids, (and all BPM-locked tracks) keep their position and tempo from previous versions
If you’re using TRAKTOR DUO 2 or TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2, you can update for free to TRAKTOR PRO 2.5. This gives you a whole batch of amazing new features to play with on top of the new Remix Decks and improved beat detection (see above for more details).
- Four fully assignable effects units (instead of two fixed ones), and two effects modes – Group and Single. Also includes 26 additional effects
- Now offers the Loop Recorder, for recording live loops from any channel
- In the internal software mixer, you’ll now find an assignable crossfader and the addition of classic filter types
- Now possible to customize and store software layouts and deck details – e.g. display a beat counter in deck header
- Sync with MASCHINE and other performance tools
- Addition of internet broadcasting
The Native Instruments Traktor range is available from Scan