Also at NAMM this year but this time for the guitarists was the iRig stomp. Whilst many would have expected further pedal developents for this series of devices this stomp box style hardware controller for your iPad/iPhone device makes an interesting addition to the family. As you’d expect for a product from IK Multimedia iRig Stomp is based upon Amplitude and is in fact based around the well established Amplitude iRig edition.
The iRig STOMP lays claim to being the is the first stompbox guitar interface for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad allowing guitar and bass players to integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing.
IK Multimedia iRig Stomp Features:
- Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily into any traditional pedalboard.
- Can be used inline with other effects pedals, or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular 1/4″ guitar cables, with no need for adapters.
- Allows precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels with its large input gain knob.
- Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app, reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
- The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
- The iRig Stomp has an ultra-compact form-factor can be easily carried on the road.
- Features a 3.5mm/1/8″ jack for silent practicing with headphones.
- Includes AmpliTube FREE app and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack
- Has an ultra-small, compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- The iRig Stomp is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.