NAMM this year saw IK Multimedia continued expanding it’s range of portable solutions by introducing it’s new iRig PRE
The iRig PRE is a solution designed for connecting via its XLR socket any type of microphone to any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad providing access to the widest range of recording applications. This makes the iRig PRE the first high-quality microphone preamp designed specifically for iOS devices that allows musicians to use their favorite high-quality stage or studio mics with their iOS device and it’s adjustable thumbwheel gain control allows the user to easily make precise level settings.
Like the rest of the iRig accessorie range, IK Multimedia iRig PRE is highly portable thanks to its pocket-sized form factor for recording anywhere and the onboard 9V battery will provide the necessary voltage for phantom-powered studio condenser microphones for at least for 15 hours of continuous use.
The iRig Pre’s lightweight housing design sports a convenient cable for iOS device connection and also includes a Velcro strip slot for easy mounting on a mic stand or other stage locations, and for monitoring whilst recording the is a 3.5mm (1/8”) standard stereo headphone output.
IK Multimedia iRig PRE Key Features:
- 40 cm (15.75”) TRRS cable to connect to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately 40 hours with dynamic microphones and 15 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.